Monday, July 13, 2009

Going for a Ride


Darren just got home from Scout Camp this weekend (he's the scoutmaster at church) and so we decided to take a quick little day trip with the boys. We went to Dubuque, Iowa and rode on a super steep little railway car to see a view of the town and the Mississippi River. It was built in 1882. The boys, of course, loved it. At first it was just going to be Quincy and Darren, because I am totally afraid of heights and had no desire (or maybe I'm just totally afraid of little old rickety cable cars built over 100 years ago). But then Darren called me from the top and said he and Quincy weren't coming down until I came up. It's probably a good thing I decided to take Stratt up though, because he was down at the bottom telling everyone, "My dad and I are going to ride that train, not mom though, she's too scared. Yep, my Dad's taking me on that train." Little did he know, Darren was long gone. :) Of course the whole way up I was planning on how I would jump with Stratton to safety, just in case the cables pulling us up broke, but I did try to enjoy it a little bit. It's a good thing I have Darren around, or I would never take any risks. My boys are definitely more like Darren. :)

I can never keep shoes on Stratt, he always looks like a little orphan child. But actually, this trip I made it out the door with socks for him, but forgot the shoes. I think it's my pregnant brain. Thankfully we weren't too far from home . . . and he loved it. I'm telling ya, Mother of the Year.


No comments: