Friday, May 1, 2009

Yay For Parents!!!

My mom and dad came to visit last month and we had a great time. I've been super sick and pregnant the last few months (for those of you who don't know yet . . . my little announcement) and they totally eased my pain. My mom did all my laundry and ironing and helped me get some much needed sewing projects done, including some fabulous curtains/shades for the boys windows (since Stratty decided to shred the other ones). :) And my Dad played with the boys and took them to the park and to the YMCA to swim everyday. They loved it! Poor Quincy had to go to school most of the time, but I let him take a day off and we even ate lunch with him at school one day. My dad picked him up from school early one of the days and they didn't come back for awhile so my mom and I started to wonder. Then they pulled into the driveway with big smiles on their faces and a bag full of goodies. They had been on an adventure to the park and to the store, and Quincy told me, "Grandpa Roger said, Kids need treats." I remember my dad saying the same thing to me when I was little. :) I feel so lucky to have such amazing parents!! Thanks for coming and for all your help and for taking care of us!!! Can't wait to see you again!

*I also have the greatest in-laws in the world, and I posted some photos of my mother-in-law's trip from November in the post below.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the updates! Love the music!!! Love the kids, ALL of them, big and little.
Tons of love,
Grammie J.

hcg said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!! And I too remember getting lots of sweets at your house when we were kids...although I believe they were called "vegetables".

The Elders said...

Congrats on baby #3!! that is so exciting. i love parents too and I feel so blessed to be living by mine and much closer to Mark's (they are in West Oregon, still far but better than when we lived in UT). Keep us updated with the baby. when are you due? Amanda, Sarah Olsen Hendricks, Camille Pugmire and I are all due within 2 weeks of each other. Kind of funny!

Cerra said...

Congrats! When's the due date?

Amanda and Alex Hamond said...

That is awesome you are having a baby. I hope you are feeling better. I had a dream I was in the witness protection program and had to go hideout at your house. You were an excellent host!

Janna said...

Hey, congrats on #3 on the way!

rachel said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy MEL!! I am really excited for you guys. What an awesome thing to get to spend some time with your parents!!

Allison said...

I love your parents!! They are the greatest! I'm sorry you are feeling crummy with the pregnancy, hopefully things will start getting better for you!

Shanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm sorry you're sick! That is so hard! So, when are you due? I wish we could come help! We'll be at ND for the summer if you need a trip back to Notre Dame! :)